05 May 2009

God's Growth

If you know anything about me, you would know that I enjoy gardening.

It struck me the other day that I haven't had to water my veggie garden in quite a number of weeks - since I planted new plants about 4 weeks ago in fact. The obvious reason is that we have been getting regular rainfall in the last few weeks.

On a deeper level however, this is a great demonstration of the way that God works, one that the apostle Paul picks up in 1 Corinthians

So then neither the one who plants nor the one who waters is anything, but God who causes the growth. 1Cor 3:7

In our lives as Christians, there are people who have influenced our faith, but they are not the reason why we believe. No - we believe because God has enabled us to believe and continues to enable us to grow in our faith!


How has God been helping you to grow lately?

No comments:

Post a Comment