16 March 2009

Reply and clarification

I recieved a coment on my last post asking me about part of what i said. Here is part of what he said:

'...I got a question. The part where you say “...to Glorify God as I grow in Christ and witness to what he has done for me and through me.” What does all that
exactly mean?'

Here is my quick reply:

Let me first state that I’m follower of Jesus (a.k.a. a Christian). Sometimes I’m hesitant to use the term Christian because of the atrocities that have been committed in the name of the church, but there it is – I’m a firm believer in the God that is presented in the Bible. You may not agree with everything that I say, but hope that you will listen and respect what I believe to be true.So here we go & I will try to break it down.

"to Glorify God": I don’t want to live my life for myself - I want to live my life for my God, I want to live my life for Jesus – God incarnate, and give God the Glory for anything that I achieve.

"as I grow in Christ": I'm the first person to admit that I’m not perfect, but my aim is to live my life following the example set for me by Jesus. I know that from time to time I’m going to stuff it up and follow my own selfish ways, but I know that God will forgive me which leads me into the next part.

"witness to what he has done for me": I believe that Jesus was more than just a prophet, but rather the fulfilment of God's plans to save all people - this forgiveness of sin and reconciliation to God is made possible through the death of Jesus and God raising him back to life. This happened not by accident, but because it was the will of God, because God loves all people and wants all people to know him (1 Timothy 1:15, 1 John 2:1-2). I want to show the same love that has been shown to me, to those that I meet, and let them know that they too can be reconciled to God.

"witness what Christ has done through me": I believe that God will use me, my life and my experiences, to let other people know more about him. That really brings me to the title of my Blog – “this jar of clay” – it’s not about me, but the message that I have inside me. My life is not about me – it’s about God and what he has done for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment